Friday, May 10, 2013

Conquering the seven hills of Hull

A little known fact, except for those of us who live in Hull plus a few other select people, is that Hull has seven hills. I am very familiar with Strawberry Hill, which is in the center of Hull, which I partly ride up almost everytime I bike. Some of the other hills offer a greater challenge. Today I tried conquering the Coast Guard Hill. I'm not sure if that is it's real name, but the road I ride up goes right by the Coast Guard Station. It is a fairly long, fairly steep hill with beautiful water views at the top. On my first attempt I got 2/3 of the way up and took a left off the hill which took me down to the bottom. Not to be outdone by the hill I rested a bit and went up again, this time managing to get to the top. I rested a bit again to take it on a third time, but realized my legs were not going to let me up to the top another time, so I turned around to try another hill. I decided on my old familiar one, but instead of just going part way up I rode all the way to the top. Next was to take on Allerton Hill, my all time nemesis. Well, I did make it to the top, but not in one continuous stretch, which really doesn't count, at least not for me. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment