Monday, June 17, 2013

Day two Steven's Pass

This was probably the hardest day I've ever biked.  We left Baring, WA this morning at 768 ft above sea level and biked up to Steven's Pass through the Cascade Mountains at 4065 ft above sea level. It was a very long climb and even though near the end I did walk a bit, I did manage to bike most of it. And yes it was challenging. But once you made it to the top the rest of the day was blessedly downhill. Actually there were a couple of small hills, which felt pretty tough since my legs felt like there was lead in them. Surprisingly, by the end of the day my legs felt OK. We went through the town of Leavenworth, WA which decided to make itself into a Bavarian Village. It's kind of bazaar, but it does seem to attract a lot of people. We are staying at a campsite just outside of Leavenworth, and only biked through. I wanted to stop at the nut cracker museum, but couldn't get anyone to stop with me. They did have a point - it was already 4:30 and we still needed to get to camp, shower, set up our tents and I was suppose to help make dinner. I got 2 of the 3 done.
Tomorrow is an easy day. Only 28 miles. It will be nice to rest up the body

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bernie,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Baring to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete