Monday, August 12, 2013

Day fifty-eight. Ohiopyle, PA to Cumberland, Maryland

Today was a very delightful day. We were on the trail between Pittsburg and DC the whole day. It's a beautiful trail and for the most part in shade. I barely even noticed the heat today. We rode about 50 miles on a slight uphill until the continental divide and than rode 25 miles downhill.  The only thing that would have made it a really great day is if the path had been paved, but all in all a very nice riding day. Also the congregation in Cumberland made dinner for us, which we all eat with relish or gusto, in other words we all ate a lot. We are now getting ready for bed.
We had our route briefing for tomorrow. We are still on the trail, but a very old part and it sounds like everyone was less than happy with the trail. I guess it's OK for a mountain bike, but not a rode bike. I might take the rode for the first 15 miles, than take the trail until the first rest stop and decide than if I want to continue another 30 miles on a rutted path. Supposedly you are not suppose to ride on it if it's raining and they are predicting a 50% chance of rain.
It's 8:30 now and as usual for this time of night I am tired.  It's hard to believe we only have three days left. And it's even harder to believe that I have actually ridden across most of this country.
I'll be home soon. Yay

No comments:

Post a Comment