Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day sixty Williamsport, MD to Fairfax, Virginia

Our last full day of riding. I don't think it's really sunk in yet. Tomorrow is really just for show. We  start our ride at 10:30 instead of 6:30. We ride for a total of 23 miles which at this point is a pretty nothing day.
Kim and I decided it was going to be a good day, maybe even a fun day and it was. At Harper's Ferry we stopped for brunch. We found a great place - an Inn that served breakfast all day. We sat outside at a table that overlooked most of the town and felt like we were on vacation. From there we biked about 20 miles to a paved bike path, but on the que sheet it sounded like we would have to do a 7 mile climb, which turned out to be a very pleasant 7 miles of rolling hills.
We are now in the synagogue and just finished dinner prepared by them. I am ready to go to sleep, but of course need to have our community meeting. I know there was something that I thought might be interesting to write about, but my brain has pretty much shut down. I'm too tired to feel the excitement of finishing.
Tomorrow.
I'll definitely be excited tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I have read your blog with relish - it's one of the highlights of each day. But I haven't commented on it until now, and that's mostly to say I'VE MISSED YOU! Can't wait to hear more about the trip in person :)

    ReplyDelete