Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day fifty-three. Columbus to Coch

There was a lot of drama today, but all is well now. It's so interesting how everyone has a different take on things. Garth rode today, which shouldn't have made much difference, but for whatever reason he seemed to come down hard on the young riders. He got really mad at one of them for riding too far out in the road on a fairly busy street, and restricted all three of them to riding with an "adult" I'm not really sure what that means, but it must be pretty annoying for them. They are all really good bikers and seniors in high school. I'm really enjoying having them on the ride. I do think Garth overreacted, but he's in charge. Than later in the day Eli was driving the van and two of the riders asked him if the could draft off the van. I had no idea what that meant, but apparently it meant driving the van about 30 miles an hour and having them bike behind it so they are kind of pulled with the van. Not the best idea, but they were all between the ages of 19 and 21 so to them it didn't see so bad. When Garth found out he saw red. It took him a while before he was calm enough to even talk to them. I think everyone got a warning to never do it again. Now we are all back at camp. This is a pretty nice camp. Lots of trees, bathrooms close by. Dinner crew busy making dinner, young Ilan looking for firewood to make a fire. I'm sitting off by myself sipping my wine, writing this blog. Having wine is always a bit tricky. We can buy our own wine or beer, but than what about if others want some. And if you give some to one what about ten others who might want some. So I have decided it is just much simpler to buy my own wine making sure it has a screw top, put it some where on the truck or van out of view. Otherwise it just gets too complicated. Life is tough on the ride. I glass of wine after a long ride always make things a bit easier. I think dinner is at 7:00 tonight and than we will have our usual community meeting. Hopefully it will be short and we can all go to bed early, but I have a feeling we will be rehashing all the events of the day. Time to refill my water bottle with another glass of wine. Only one more week and a day until D.C. Hoping for clouds and cool weather. And yes I know it's August and we are heading for D.C. I can still hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment