Friday, August 16, 2013

Last day. Airport to home

This will be my last blog, at least until I decide to do another crazy, lame brain  adventure.  If a had it to do all over again what would I do differently.
First of all I would have gotten clipless bike earlier and I would have trained harder.
Secondly I would bike the first three weeks and the last two weeks and skip the middle four weeks. I think that would be a very nice bike trip.
I do think the trip was done incredibly well. It was really well supported with staff,  vehicles, and great food.  More sleep, less community time would have been nice, but I do see the need. If I were asked I would make some suggestions on how to improve some things, but so far no one has asked.

But the biggest thing I am grateful for is what we had no control over  -  the weather.
We had three or four hot windless days, probably week three, but other than that the weather as been incredibly wonderful for biking.  Even though I am not superstitious I did not want to mention  how wonderful the weather has been. Even riding into DC is was unseasonable cool.  For that I am extremely grateful.

On the plane. Need to turn off phone .

Hope to see you all soon

No comments:

Post a Comment