Monday, August 5, 2013

Day fifty-one. Richmond, IN to Springfield, Ohio

Today was another uneventful day - great when your biking  X country, not so good when your writing a daily blog.  I must say Ohio was a lot more interesting than Indiana so even biking 84 miles wasn't too bad. It was a 77 mile day but Kim and I deep in conversation missed the turn on the que sheet and wound up biking 7 extra miles.
Camping tonight - tent is up. Dinner is ready

Thinking today about what I would write about and two things came up.
First was how we have mostly coupled up while biking and secondly why did I do this ride.
I'll do the first one and leave the second one for another day.  Maybe I'll figure it out with a little more time.

At this point most people have a steady riding partner. I ride with Kim.  If we sag we usually sag together. Today I was less tired and was there to encourage her to go the distance. Sometimes she's stronger and does the same for me. And sometimes we both feel like taking a few miles off and sag for a portion or .
David and Gilad always ride together. I think they are trying to solve Talmudic problems, but they have a good time together and they also stop at playgrounds on the way and play.
Freddie and Terry always ride together and usually stop along the way. Terry likes to meet the locals and also I think he'd rather go out to eat.
The teenagers ride as a group and I have no idea what they talk about and I probably would rather not know.
If Danielle is off Arye will ride with Danielle. Otherwise I think he probably rides by himself.
Dena and Ilan usually ride together and love to stop food a real breakfast like eggs or if it's later in the day they'll stop at a bakery. But if Eli is riding that usually means that Dena will be riding with Eli, which than leaves Ilan without a riding partner. I think he has ridden with Dena and Eli, but I also know there have been times he has had to find his own way. Maybe only once or twice.
Today Hannah rode with Dena because Dena was sweep and Hannah offered to keep her company. Yesterday Hannah rode with me and Kim. Everyone once in a while Arye has riden part way with Hannah and she has ridden with Dena and Ilan. And she has also ridden with Kim when Kim was sweep.
So as I write this I'm thinking that Hannah gets to know everyone in the group, but the pairs get to know each other better. I guess it's a toss up.
As I write this it has starting raining. Glad I am all ready for bed and now I am just waiting for everyone to stop talking so I can go to sleep.
One last thing I just thought about. Adrienne has been off for the last week. Before she left, she and David were becoming a couple. She is coming back tonight . Actually David is picking her up at the airport.
So now we have three of the four staff paired up with three of the riders. It 's probably only interesting to us, but I had nothing better to write about.







No comments:

Post a Comment