Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day fifty-seven. Pittsburg to Ohiopyle

Sunday evening. This is our last time camping. Very pleased about that. The ride today was much better than expected. I guess it was only the last four miles that really made the ride tough, but Kim and I , plus a few other people took the hiking trail to the campsite which cut out the hilly part of the ride. We had to walk our bikes up about 1/2 a mile, but that wasn't so bad. The rest of the day was on the trail so it was pretty flat. When we left Pittsburgh it was this wonderful paved trail, but that only lasted the first  fifteen miles or so and after that we were on packed trail. At least no sand traps like on Friday and it was very nicely shaded. So no complaints. Today we did 72 miles, tomorrow is 77, Tuesday and Wednesday are both 80 mile days and than our last day on Thur is only 23 miles.  And than we are done.
I am ready to be done, but if the rest of the week is similar to today it will be a really nice week to close out the trip.
Work crews change on Sunday, and got decided on yesterday. Kim decided to shake things up a bit and switch over to breakfast crew, which is nice for me because I can depend on her to really help. Also two of the teenagers are on breakfast this week, which will be a nice.
Young Ilan just made a camp fire and even though no one else seems to have noticed it, I'm enjoying it.  I think I'll sit here until it gets dark enough for me to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment