Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day forty-five Chicago

Went to sleep at 9:00; slept until 8:15. In a comfortable bed on a Monday night. This may not seem like a big deal to most people reading this blog, but it is. And I still felt like taking a nap this afternoon.
Jill and I took a leisurely walk to a book store this morning so I could buy "The Enneagram Made Easy". I thought it would be fun for each of the riders ( if they wanted to) figure out what number on the Enneagram  personality type they are. Kim is also familiar with Enneagrams and so we try to figure out who is what number.  We'll see if anyone will actually do it.
After our walk we went to breakfast, ate outside, got the usual breakfast food, but so pleasant being with Jill. She had a 3:00 flight to we went downtown together and from there she took the subway to the airport, while I did a little exploring in Chicago. I found the Cultural Center building which use to be the library and explored that. I realize that I like buildings more than museums, or at least that's how I felt today. They also had a very cool exhibit on Happiness.
I'm back at Bonnie's place waiting for the Hazon group to get bacuk from the organic farm they were visiting today. I called Danielle to find out when they'd be back and she said that they had just left the farm and it would take about 1 1/2 hours to drive back. I am sooo glad that I opted out of going.  Three hours of driving to visit another organic farm!!!!
  I need to wait until they get back because the synagogue is locked, but I'm very comfortable here. Some of the group is going to a Cubs game tonight, but others will be back, getting to bed early, ready to start another day of riding.
We are definitely in the home stretch now.  Only two weeks and two days left. Not sure about the others, but I am counting the days. Nine weeks of biking is a long time.






1 comment:

  1. Bernie...I am so astounded and proud of you snd so glad it isnot me!!@@!!!

    ReplyDelete