Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day twenty-nine. Aberdeen to Watertown, S.D.

We just came in from a picture taking event. We all completed the century ride today.  It felt good to have completed it, but there have been harder days. The weather definitely played a huge part in me being able to do the ride. Almost perfect weather except for the rain around mile 65. But the biggest factor was that the sun never came out. Not that it was a breeze. Up until mile 65 it was a pretty easy ride. Than for about 5 - 10 miles it poured, but once your wet it really doesn't matter that much. The hardest thing about the rain is it's hard to see with glasses. Than from mile 70 to mile 80 the road was under construction to for ten miles the road was very rough and really not pleasant to ride on. And the last 20 miles the wind had picked up and we had a consistent headwind, but we all made it and completed the ride. It really was nice.

I've been reading your wonderful encouraging notes to me. I usually take them out on Sunday evening, after I'm all packed up and getting ready to go to bed. It is so nice to connect with so many friends and family. Thank you for your encouragement and well wishes.

We enter Minnesota tomorrow. We are now half way through in miles.  This is very hard for me to believe. Also I'm feeling that this is pretty amazing. Hope it stays cloudy.

1 comment:

  1. It was good to read this post after so many days of miserable heat. Despite the rain you perservered! YAY! I know I spelled persevered wrong before but I always forget if there are three or two r"s! We all enjoy your posts and are happy for you, Ms Half Way Across! Hugs, Margie

    ReplyDelete