Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day seventeen Big Timber to Billings

I am not liking the heat. It was already too hot at 9:30 this morning. Luckily we had a fairly easy day bike wise. Nothing very challenging except for the heat. It is so draining, I did bike the whole 75 miles. It helped that I biked with Dena today. Her usual partner, Ilan, fell on the gravel coming into the camp site yesterday and even though he still biked he stayed with Kim and Hannah, who was sweep today. I may not have continued if I wasn't with Dena. It was like riding in a sauna. I was so happy when we got to our destination, which is a synagogue. And it was wonderfully air conditioned.  The synagogue does not have showers so we took the van to a local bike store that has three showers in the store, which they let us use. The Billing's Jewish community is joining us for a pot luck dinner. I think it's always a surprise how much we eat.
I always think of so much I want to write about while I'm biking, but now that I'm actually writing my mind is a blank.
I do want to thank everyone who remembered my birthday. I will certainly remember this one.
Time for dinner. And than it will be time for bed. I've had no trouble sleeping.


No comments:

Post a Comment