Monday, July 1, 2013

Day sixteen Bozeman - Big Timber

Another hot day in Montana. I really thought this was going to be a great biking day. The first 15 miles were mostly uphill, but after that it looked like either downhill or minor up hills mixed in. I even managed to do the first fifteen miles of mostly uphill with some effort,but I could do it. So I was
unpleasantly surprised when the remainder of the day turned out to be rather difficult, mainly because
of the wind , which according to most people the prevailing wind is west to east. Well not today. There was a rather strong head wind which is similar to biking uphill. Than combined with the heat it was enough for me to bike until the 3rd rest stop and take the van back. It's almost 6:00 now and it's still unbearably hot. I am sitting in the shade,yet still I can early move. I was so glad to get to camp.
We will be celebrating my birthday with wine and salmon dinner and chocolate chip cookies. It's our first time having fish and I love salmon.
Well I should go put up my tent before dinner. I think I have just enough energy for that.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, wonderful Bernie!! Your blog is such a bright spot in my day. Hope the wind dies down and the sun hides just a bit more. Kim put a sweet picture of you with your dinner on Tumblr. Love, E

    ReplyDelete