Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day forty-six. Chicago to Lake Village, IN

Crossed into a other state today. We are on a roll. Still the same time zone. Probably tomorrow we'll lose another hour and be on Eastern time. Only 62 miles today and really flat so we all got in by 2:00. Too bad the camp ground we're staying at has nothing but a place to set up our tents and a place to shower. This would have been a good time to stay at a nicer campground. Some of them have pools,  it no such luck at this one.
I had bought a couple bottles of wine maybe two weeks ago and decided today was a good day to open one. As I was looking for the wine in the truck I found four cantaloupe that were ripe and needed to be cut up. So I set up a table, found the meat knife a d meat cutter board and cut up the four cantaloupe. I also found my wine. It didn't take long for the cantaloupe to be finished. With 18 hu ver people anything that gets put out goes pretty quickly.
Dinner crew is now busy making dinner. They do a really good job. I am enjoying my cot in my tent. Kim's partner, Vicky ride with us for ten days and flew home yesterday. Kim asked if I wanted to use  the fold up cot until the end of the trip. Yes, of course. I used it for the first time last night and slept very well. I think I could take a nap right now.

The que sheets are getting a bit more complicated esp right out of urban areas. The past few days the que sheets were not quite accurate, but fortunately people  were able to figure it out and get us on the path. I've been biking with Kim and with GPS we seem to be able to figure it out even without the group.

A couple of new people have joined our group - Howard who did the ride last year and Judy, who is riding for about a week. I enjoy having the three teens with us. The add some nice energy. Ilan made a wonderful fire which is still burning strong.

Everyone is very busy at the moment. The clean up team is cleaning up, others are covering up the bikes because it is suppose to rain tonight, which reminds me to find my stakes and put the in.

And now I will just enjoy the fire.





No comments:

Post a Comment