Monday, July 29, 2013

Day forty-four Glencoe to Chicago

We (the group) are staying at Kam  Isaiah Israel in Hyde Park, right across the street from Obama's house. There are two security guards 24/7 when no one is there. We were suppose to walk around to the back of the building to get in, but they let us through near the front "just this one time". Jill and I aren't even staying there, but needed to pick up some clothes. We are staying with Jill's friend Bonnie, who is house sitting for a house in Hyde Park. And I have a real bed.
It's great to be with Jill. She met me on the Lake Side Bike Trail around noon, walked my bike to Bonnie's place, walked to the synagogue for my stuff and by that time we were both hungry. We found a great restaurant  where we spent the next two hours eating and catching up.
I am now showered and relaxing on my bed. A bed in the middle of the week.
I think this evening we'll pick up some food and a bottle of wine and have a relaxing dinner in, but we'll definitely go out for breakfast tomorrow morning. I love breakfast out.
Last night we slept in this very fancy smancy synagogue in Glencoe, IL. We still had to sleep on the floor and make our own coffee in the morning,  and be driven five miles away to take showers, but they did provide dinner.
I didn't realize, but Garth told us in the morning that the police came last night around midnight because they saw a van they didn't recognize parked in the back.  Glencoe is a very ritzy area - but it was very nice to bike around.
This morning's ride was wonderful. Mostly along Lake Michigan. And the weather has been made to order. And yet, I'm very glad to have a day off from riding tomorrow.
Rest time is over. Going downstairs to be with Jill and Bonnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment