Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day twenty-four Bowman, N.D to Lemmon, S. D.

I am sitting in the community center in Lemmon, South Dakota. I forgot to mention yesterday that we left Montana and that Bowman was in North Dakata, we we were only in North Dakata for one day. I was a out to say there really isn't much difference between North and south Dakata, but that is not true. North Dakota had mostly some areas with nicely paved large breakdown areas, but so far in South Dakota there is no shoulder at all and the road is not that wide. Luckily there is not much traffic, but what traffic there is is mostly these huge trucks. We are now on the same road, Highway 12 for a very long time. I think all the way through South Dakota.
Today was the easiest day so far or at least one of the easiest. It was 67 miles but we had a tailwind the whole way and it was also mostly cloudy. It did shower off and on in the morning but that did not do much to interfere with the ride. I rode with Kim for most of the day, from the first rest stop at mile 24 until we got to Lemmon. We stopped around mile 42 for breakfast at a local diner. The food was just OK but it was a nice change.
The dinner crew is busy preparing dinner. I'm thinking I might go across the street for happy hour at the local bar. I guess it depends if anyone else wants to go.
Tomorrow is 97 miles, but also supposedly a headwind. I'll have to remember to take something along to do in case I want to take the van at mile 50 or 60. I guess it all depends on how strong the wind is.
Right now I have to find a new place to set up my air mattress. I am near some sort of refrigeration unit that goes on every so often which is driving me crazy. I'm sure most people wouldn't even notice it.
I love getti g everyone's e-mail. If you are adding a comment to my blog sadly I am not getting them.
But I love knowing that people are following me on my travels.

1 comment: