Friday, July 5, 2013

Day twenty Forsyth to Miles City

It's Friday. Yah. Friday is always a shorter biking day because we have to get in early so we can start getting ready for Shabbat. Two meals have to be cooked. One for tonight and one for tomorrow, so today we only rode 46 miles and it was cloudy at least half  the time. It was pretty hilly - a lot of long ruling hills, but we all made it in by 1:00. We're staying at the Parrish house of the Catholic Church. Air conditioned, great kitchen, good showers. Those are the key things. Electric coffee pot is also a very nice feature. We make coffee on the stove with these old fashioned stove top coffee makers and it's really hard to make a good cup of coffee. It's either too weak or tastes burnt. I just put up a pot for ice coffee.
Last night's fire work's were a show . Not sure which was more of a show - the town's fire works or the people watching them. Forsyth has 2000 people so it is definitely small town America. Also fireworks are legal in Montana so there were fireworks going off in all directions. Also it looked like the age of some setting them off was 8. Also many kids sotting on the top of their cars. The actual official fireworks were just OK.
Our dinner last night was wonderful. The potato salad went over great and Dena did an excellent job
Bar-b-queuing chicken. Also grilling corn. And Garth made cole slaw and bought beer. Plus we also had hot dogs and veggie dogs but since the chicken was from a humanely raised organic farm I had the chicken.
I just got up from a two hour nap. I knew I was tired so I'm not surprised I slept the whole afternoon. We've been going to bed around 10:00 and getting up at 5:00, but I'm more likely to get 8:00 of sleep when I'm home.
A whole day to do nothing tomorrow .

1 comment: