Friday, July 12, 2013

Day twenty-seven Ipswitch to Aberdeen

Only 1:30 Friday afternoon and already showered and settled in. It's so nice. We are staying at the Presentation college suites. One could almost call it luxurious. We each have our own rooms with a bathroom next door that you share with one other person. The dorm is nicely air conditioned with very nice kitchens. A group of us stopped for lunch at the Red Rooster before coming to the college, which was in downtown Aberdeen. Aberdeen looks like really nice place to live if you had to live in South Dakota, esp when you compare it to Lemmon, Mobridge or Ipswitch. It even has a natural Food Co-op. I'll probably explore a bit more tomorrow. Garth suggested we all take a nap Sat afternoon because Sunday is a century ride, but I'll have to wait and see how the winds are blowing before deciding on my course of action. I now know what Serene was talking about when she talked about the cross winds in South Dakota. Today was only 30 miles but it is really windy here.  Today the winds were even stronger than yesterday, but luckily we had no headwinds today, but still side winds blowing at 15 - 20 miles/hour with gusts of 25 still makes it hard to bike. So if the wind is coming from the west and literally pushing us along fine. Otherwise I'll have to see.
Last night we had another couple sleep at the church that we were staying at and the were also biking, but changed there travel plans to go a different way when the heard the wind direction. You do not want to be going straight into that wind.
Last night's meeting went well. I was in charge if it, but I did not make the agenda accept for reorganization of task teams.  The first thing on the agenda is always opening circle. It usually is some non controversial question like what is your first Jewish memory. So I started by asking what the group is doing well and what the group could improve upon. And each of us got to answer. Than we discussed tasks and who should do what. Up until now we've been rotating but Kim and I did used a better way and so I had Kim present it. So now the faster riders who also want to make dinner are on the dinner crew, the people who want to do clean up are on the clean up crew and so on. I'm on the breakfast crew because I don't mi d getting up early, I make good coffee and I'm very good at  packing up the coolers. I could have also been on clean-up
I'm back. I took a few hour break to empty the big cooler, to help with clean-up, to dry out my tent from two nights ago, to have some wine and to talk to Jill.
Must almost be time for our meeting which I know is scheduled for 5:00 but I'm not sure what it's about.
Sleeping in a bed tonight and tomorrow night. So nice


No comments:

Post a Comment