Friday, July 26, 2013

Day forty-one. Mukwonago to Milwaukee

Breakfast thank god was not with those adorable little campers because we need to eat at 5:30 to be out and ready to leave by 6:30. I make better coffee, but it was OK. Our ride today was great. Friday is always a fairly short day and this one was only 44 miles of nice rolling hills for the first half and mostly flat the rest of the way. Plus it was overcast most of the day. At mile 35 we stopped for a tour of Growing Power, a place were they farm fish and use the high nitrogen fish water to grow vegetables
It's a very cool concept.
It started pouring almost as soon as our tour began, and continued to rain at the end of the tour, so with only six miles to go I saw no reason to get soaked, esp since we would need to sit in wet clothing until our hosts picked us up around 4:00 and we would get to the synagogue by 1:00; so I put my bike on the can for the last six miles. I must say though that I felt really strong even going up his today. I think my calf muscles are finally getting the hang of using clips. I know we just finished our sixth week of biking, and I've been using the clips,  but it's taken me a while to fully develop my calf muscles to be able to use them affectively.  So I think today was that day. It's kind of too bad it took so long because the next two weeks will be mostly flat, but our last week will be back to climbing.
Tonight and tomorrow night we are staying with host families. I lucked out with a great family plus great arrangement. We ( Adrienne and I) have the whole finished basement, with our own bathroom, use of the washer/dryer, T V, and I have a very comfortable bed which I already used to take a nap.

So I was talking to Beth, our hostess, and mentioned that I knew one family in Milwaukee, whose brother lives next door to us in Hull - Butch and Suzy Conen. So Beth says "they live directly across the street".  We'll go say hello tomorrow.

I think I'll watch a little TV and hopefully sleep late tomorrow morning. On second thought I think I'll just go to sleep and hopefully sleep late tomorrow morning.


 G

No comments:

Post a Comment