Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day thirty-six St. Paul to Pepin, Wisconsin

We are actually in Stockholm, WI, but we are suppose to be in Pepin, WI and if anyone is actually following the schedule I didn't want to confuse them. That being said I have NO idea why we changed are plans or who OK'd this very stupid decision. We are at someone's organic strawberry farm that has no running water, no showers, one outhouse, and it was 10 miles put of the way mostly uphill. By the time we had gone 5 miles out of our way at the end of a 72 mile day that had a lot of up hills, some very long and other short but steep, I had had enough; so when we rode by a winery that had an open sign we stopped. At least we could use the bathroom and I could take a sponge bath in the bathroom using wet paper towels. I also refused to go any further, so Eli picked us up. I had been riding with Kim and her partner Vicky. We all were very happy to pile into the truck with our bikes. I missed out at the wine tasting because the truck came too soon, but I wasn't going to loose my ride, even for a wine tasting.
So I still need to set up my tent, which I should do now. Not sure when we'll be able to shower.

Dinner last evening was really nice. My meal was delicious and when I told our waitress that I was biking cross country she said that dessert was on the house. So I ordered the chocolate mouse which was outstanding.

No it's really time to set up my tent - the bugs are getting hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment