Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day twenty-one. Shabbat in Miles City

Today is Shabbat. A day of rest. I just got back from a walk into downtown Miles City with Dena Kim for ice cream it was a huge scoop of chocolate with huge chocolate chunks. It was very good but I'm stuffed. They do not do small Ice cream scoops here. One scoop is really like three.  But I ate the whole thing anyway. Everyone was napping when we got back.
I slept til 8:00 this morning and took a walk with Ilan at 9:00 to the Farmer's Market. It was OK , but on the way back I stopped at the library to look at the local paper to see where the yard sales where. They were pretty spread out so I choose one to walk to.  Along the way I passed an historical section
Of town which was interesting. The yard sale was just OK. By the time I got back it was lunch time. I got to talk to Corinne , Butch, Jill and FaceTime with Eytan which is always fun even though he really does 't talk on the phone.
Now I remember how I was going to start this blog - we are 1/3 done with our ride and we are still in Montana. It's a very big state.
Also there is one person who I did not describe last week who was very special to the whole group. She only rode with us for one week - from Seattle to Spokane but she made an impression that was lasting. She is rabbi Elizabeth. It would have been wonderful if she could have ridden the whole way but I am very happy that at least we got to ride the one week together.
Our group seems to have settled into a routine, with each of us playing our role. It will be interesting to see if there are any changes as new people enter in which will happen soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bernie. Miss you all. In the berkshires right now and I'm going to rent a bike today. It's been a bit over a week without a bike and its becoming too much. Congratulations on reaching the 1/3 mark.

    ReplyDelete